In January 2020, the six NHS Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) began the first phase of involvement about five areas of care:
- Assisted conception
- Hearing aids for non-complex hearing loss
- Male and female sterilisation
- Breast augmentation and reconstruction
- Removal of excess skin following significant weight loss.
The work was known as Difficult Decisions. The policy criteria and patient eligibility are different across the Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent regions, so we want to make this the same for everyone.
The eight-week engagement work ended on 1 March 2020.
Thank you to everyone who has participated in the conversation so far; we really appreciate your input and will continue to keep you informed. You can read the Report of Findings here: Difficult decisions report or you can read the summary document Staffs Difficult Decisions Engagement Summary
Work on this programme was paused because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but in autumn 2021 we were able to continue and build on what people told us in 2020. We ran a survey from Monday 13 September 2021 to Sunday 10 October 2021, and the comments received have been independently analysed. You can read the Report of Findings . The Summary Report of Findings will follow so please check back for updates.
This report will help us to develop some possible solutions for the five areas of care and final proposals. At this point we will assess what further involvement is required at the next phase.
For more information on the latest phase of engagement you can also visit your CCG’s website by selecting the appropriate link below:
- North Staffordshire CCG - https://www.northstaffsccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultation-engagement/difficult-decisions
- East Staffordshire CCG - https://eaststaffsccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultation-and-engagement/difficult-decisions
- Cannock Chase CCG - https://www.cannockchaseccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultation-and-engagement/difficult-decisions
- Stoke on Trent CCG - https://www.stokeccg.nhs.uk/stoke-get-involved/consultation-engagement/difficult-decisions
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG - https://sesandspccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultation-and-engagement/difficult-decisions
- Stafford and Surrounds CCG - https://www.staffordsurroundsccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/consultation-and-engagement/difficult-decisions