Here you'll find information for you as an employer or organisation looking for opportunities to get involved in your local Health and Social Care system and see how TWB can help you.
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer
Please note the portal will remain open until 10th June 2021 for levy sharing applications
Useful Information & How to Apply
Local NHS organisations are seeking opportunities to share their apprenticeship levy with organisations that support health and social care provision in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
Am I a levy payer?
If you have an annual pay bill of over £3 million pounds you are a levy payer.
What is the apprenticeship levy transfer?
- Since May 2018, levy-paying employers can transfer up to a maximum of 10 per cent of the value of their annual levy fund to any other employer, or apprenticeship training agency. From April 2019 this has increased, and employers will be able to transfer up to 25 per cent of their annual levy fund.
- Provided they do not exceed the transfer cap, employers can make transfers to as many other employers or apprenticeship training agencies as they choose.
- Transferred funds are used to pay for the training and assessment cost of apprenticeships.
- Transfers are managed through the apprenticeship service, with payments made monthly from the sending employer account into the receiving employer account.
- Any employer wishing to receive and use any transferred funds must register and set up an account with the apprenticeship service, and have a signed agreement with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- Only levy-paying employers can make a transfer.
- To enable transfers employers must re-sign an ESFA employer agreement, which has been updated to include transfers (included as part of the online apprenticeship account).
- Transferred funds can only be used to pay for training and assessments delivered under apprenticeship standards, for new starters to apprenticeships from 1 May 2018.
- Transferred funds cannot be used to fund apprenticeships delivered under a framework, for example, the business admin level 2 framework.
- If you currently transfer funds to another employer you can’t receive transferred funds to pay for your apprenticeships.
- An employer currently receives transferred funds, they cannot then transfer funds to another employer.
- If a training provider transfers funds to you, they cannot then deliver the training of the apprenticeship they are funding, whether they are the main provider, or a sub-contractor.
- Any funds that are transferred retain their initial date of expiry and the date of transfer will not affect this.
- You will not be able to stop payments once you have approved the apprenticeship on the apprenticeship service (unless the apprenticeship stops).
- Funds cannot be transferred to employers with fewer than 50 employees where the apprentice is aged 16 to 18 years old (or 19 to 24 years old who has an education, health and care plan, or is a care leaver) as those apprentices are eligible for full government funding.
How the transfer works in practice
Both the sending and receiving employers must be registered with the apprenticeship service and have an online digital account.
Both employers must have a signed agreement with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), this is completed through the online account (accessed as part of the online apprenticeship account).
Employers wanting to transfer funds can find employers who want to receive funds in a number of ways. Examples may include:
- an employer in their supply chain
- another healthcare service provider
- an employer in another industry
- an apprenticeship training agency (ATA)
- a need identified through work with regional partners.
Transferred funds can only pay for the training and assessment costs of apprenticeship standards that are agreed with the receiving employer, and are paid monthly for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Further funding guidance can be found by clicking on the link below
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Form
Apply here for the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer form.