The shadow Integrated Care System (ICS) Board is chaired by Together We’re Better’s Independent Chair, Prem Singh.
Prem is a former nurse who has served the NHS for 45 years and is currently Chairman of Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust and has served at board level for 30 years, with 11 years as a Chief Executive.
He is the Senior Independent Trustee of the NHS Confederation Board and member of the Chairs Advisory Partnership of 25 Chairs nationally hosted by the Chairman of NHS Improvement. Prem is also currently on the Midlands Strategic Transformation and Recovery Board and Chairs the Timely and Safe Restoration and Recovery of services working Group.
He was previously appointed to take the lead on Inclusive Leadership on the National Leadership Council and named in the inaugural HSJ listing, as a Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) Pioneer. He has a background in general and psychiatric nursing, having previously led community, mental health and learning disability services, including as an Executive Director of Nursing and Quality.
Our Director, Simon Whitehouse, has worked in the NHS for over 20 years. He graduated as a physiotherapist in 1995 and started his career at the Haywood Hospital as a physiotherapy assistant before going to University.
Having worked clinically for several years he went to work for the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy in their employment relation team before moving into more senior management roles. He spent several years in Cheshire working for the PCT and then was the Chief Executive of two Clinical Commissioning Groups, before being asked to join Together We’re Better as its Director in June 2017. He has an interest in organisational and system change, believing that good leadership is at the core of all effective teams.
The Board is comprised of the Chief Executive or equivalent (or a nominated individual) of Together We’re Better’s partner organisations. Other representation on the Board is listed below:
- Together We’re Better (TWB) Independent Chair – Sir Neil McKay
- TWB Vice Chair – David Pearson
- TWB Director – Simon Whitehouse
- TWB Medical Director (Primary Care) – Dr John James
- TWB Medical Director (Secondary Care) – Mr Roger Wade (also attends in his capacity as Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for TWB’s Planned Care and Cancer Programme)
- TWB Finance Director – Paul Taylor
- TWB Chief Operating Officer – Tracy Parker-Priest
- TWB Associate Director for Programme Performance and Delivery – Dawn Wickham
- Staffordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Accountable Officer – Marcus Warnes (also attends in his capacity as SRO for TWB’s Enhanced Primary and Community Care programme)
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Chief Executive –
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust, Managing Director of Burton Hospital – Duncan Bedford (attending for Chief Executive Gavin Boyle)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Chief Executive – Neil Carr (also attends in his capacity as SRO for TWB’s Workforce programme)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust, Chief Executive –
- Staffordshire County Council, Chief Executive – John Henderson (also attends in his capacity as SRO for TWB’s Estates programme)
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council, Chief Executive – David Sidaway
- SRO for TWB’s Urgent and Emergency Care Programme – Aideen Walsh (University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust)
- SRO for TWB’s Health and Care in Stafford (System Reform) Programme – Richard Harling (Staffordshire County Council)
- SRO for TWB’s Prevention Programme – Paul Edmondson-Jones (Stoke-on-Trent City Council)
- SRO for TWB’s Maternity, Children and Young People Programme – Helen Riley (Staffordshire County Council)
- NHS England (Midlands and East) representative
- NHS Improvement representative
- Healthwatch Staffordshire representative
- Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent representative
- 2 X Primary Care provider representatives
- Public representation according to the agenda
- Other external stakeholders as appropriate