We want to develop leaders who have the skills and resilience to work in an integrated health and care system that more effectively supports local people. We’re working with other Together We’re Better programmes to ensure frontline staff are fully engaged and have the tools and techniques they need to continuously improve care and evidence their practice. There is also the need for enhanced partnership working and joint accountability.
Priorities and projects
- We want to identify and develop aspiring talent, ensuring as many excellent candidates as possible have the opportunity to fill senior level vacancies
- We’re supporting Together We’re Better’s engagement of health and care professionals
- We want to develop leaders who are engaging and committed to empowering their staff to be the best that they can
- We are continuing to support compassion recognition schemes.
Aims and outcomes
- We’ve successfully bid to become an early adopter pilot for the NHS Leadership Academy’s High Potential Scheme, which is aimed at identifying talented members of our workforce to succeed in senior roles
- An innovative Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Leadership Programme is proving to be a great success in seeking to address imbalances in BAME representation in leadership roles at every level, with all available places filled
- An NHS compassion recognition scheme is in place across NHS trusts in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, with hundreds of staff having received praise from colleagues and service users.