The Integrated Care System (ICS) Board is responsible for agreeing, overseeing and leading on the delivery of Together We’re Better’s transformational health and care strategy for Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
The Board meets monthly and is made up of senior responsible officers from each of our work programmes (who also serve as senior clinicians or executives in our partner organisations). Also in attendance are Healthwatch, NHS England, GPs and senior members of Together We’re Better’s Executive team.
It is chaired by our Independent Chair and is governed by the following key principles:
- The needs of citizens, patients, carers and their families are at the heart of all our decisions
- Solutions will be commissioner-led, but co-designed in collaboration with service providers, clinicians and the public
- We will adopt robust and transparent planning processes and solutions will be evidence and needs based
- Health and care leaders across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent will hold each other to account
- Social care, mental and physical health will be treated equally
- While the planning and strategy will focus on the health and care system in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent in its entirety, delivery will be local and differentiated to the need of local people
- Our solutions will need to deliver constitutional targets
The Board considers and takes decisions on recommendations from each of our work programmes, whilst also monitoring their progress and holding them to account. It also makes recommendations to the Boards and Governing Bodies of our partner organisations.
The Board is accountable to our partner organisations, NHS England and NHS Improvement for the successful development and implementation of the health and care transformation agenda.
You can view who sits on our Board.