The Integrated Care System (ICS) Board is responsible for agreeing, overseeing and leading on the delivery of Together We’re Better’s transformational health and care strategy for Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
The Board meets monthly and is made up of senior responsible officers from each of our work programmes (who also serve as senior clinicians or executives in our partner organisations). Also in attendance are Healthwatch, NHS England, GPs and senior members of Together We’re Better’s Executive team.
It is chaired by our Independent Chair and is governed by the following key principles:
- The needs of citizens, patients, carers and their families are at the heart of all our decisions
- Solutions will be commissioner-led, but co-designed in collaboration with service providers, clinicians and the public
- We will adopt robust and transparent planning processes and solutions will be evidence and needs based
- Health and care leaders across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent will hold each other to account
- Social care, mental and physical health will be treated equally
- While the planning and strategy will focus on the health and care system in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent in its entirety, delivery will be local and differentiated to the need of local people
- Our solutions will need to deliver constitutional targets
The Board considers and takes decisions on recommendations from each of our work programmes, whilst also monitoring their progress and holding them to account. It also makes recommendations to the Boards and Governing Bodies of our partner organisations.
The Board is accountable to our partner organisations, NHS England and NHS Improvement for the successful development and implementation of the health and care transformation agenda.
You can view who sits on our Board.
Following a robust recruitment process, NHS England and NHS Improvement have recommended, and the Secretary of State has agreed, that Prem Singh (current Independent Chair for the Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care System (ICS)) is to be the local NHS Integrated Care Board (ICB) Chair designate.
Prem is a former nurse who has served the NHS for 45 years and is currently Chairman of Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust and has served at board level for 30 years, with 11 years as a Chief Executive.
He is the Senior Independent Trustee of the NHS Confederation Board and member of the Chairs Advisory Partnership of 25 Chairs nationally hosted by the Chairman of NHS Improvement. Prem is also currently on the Midlands Strategic Transformation and Recovery Board and Chairs the Timely and Safe Restoration and Recovery of services working Group.
He was previously appointed to take the lead on Inclusive Leadership on the National Leadership Council and named in the inaugural HSJ listing, as a Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) Pioneer. He has a background in general and psychiatric nursing, having previously led community, mental health and learning disability services, including as an Executive Director of Nursing and Quality.
ICS Board Membership
The Integrated Care System Board is comprised of the Chief Executive or equivalent (or a nominated individual) of Together We’re Better’s partner organisations. Other representation on the Board is listed below:
- ICS/ICB interim Chief Executive - Peter Axon
- ICB Chair Designate – Prem Singh
- ICB Vice Chair – David Pearson
- ICS Finance Director – Paul Taylor
- Staffordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Accountable Officer – Marcus Warnes
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Chief Executive – Tracy Bullock
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Chair – David Wakefield
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, Executive Medical Director – John Oxtoby
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust, Managing Director of Burton Hospital – Duncan Bedford (attending for Chief Executive Gavin Boyle)
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust, Chair – Kathy Mclean
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Chief Executive – Neil Carr (also attends in his capacity as SRO for TWB’s Workforce programme)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Chair – Richard Cotterell
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust, Chair – David Rogers
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust, Chair - Dr Buki Adeyemo
- Staffordshire County Council, Chief Executive – John Henderson
- Staffordshire County Council Leader – Alan White
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council, Chief Executive – Jon Rouse
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care & Health – Ally Simcock
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council Director of Adult Social Care, Health Integration and Wellbeing – Paul Edmondson-Jones
- Staffordshire and Surrounds CCG, Chair, and SRO for TWB Digital programme - Paddy Hannigan
- North Staffordshire CCG, Chair – Alison Bradley
- Cannock Chase CCG, Chair – Gary Free
- Stoke-on-Trent CCG, Chair – Lorna Clarson
- East Staffordshire CCG Chair and Chair of STP Assembly – Rachel Gallyot
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG, Chair – Shammy Noor
- North Alliance Board, Chair – Mike Pyrah
- NHS England and NHS Improvement representative
- Healthwatch Staffordshire representative
- Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent representative
- Support Staffordshire representative
- 2 x primary care provider representatives
- Public representation according to the agenda
- Other external stakeholders as appropriate
Meetings of the Integrated Care System (ICS) Board are now held in public on a bi-monthly basis. These virtual meetings will be live streamed and links to the meetings will be available here. Recordings of previous meetings (from February 2021 onwards) can also be found here, along with meeting papers.
When clicking the meeting links below you will be taken to a page where the livestreams/recordings are hosted. You do not need to register your email address to watch the livestream and/or recording. Once the meeting starts, the text on the page will be replaced with the video window. After the meeting, this will be replaced with the recording.
The next meeting in public will take place on 17th February, 2pm until 4pm.
Meeting link/recorded meeting
2pm – 4pm
2pm – 4pm
1pm – 2.30pm
2pm – 5pm
2pm – 5pm
|16.12.2021||2pm - 4pm||Meeting Papers|
|17.02.2022||2pm - 5pm||Check back for updates||Check back for updates|