Together We’re Better has brought together the NHS and local authorities to transform the way we provide health and care across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent so that it better meets the needs of local people and improves everyone’s lives. It is a chance to break down traditional boundaries, collaborate with each other and share ideas and learning.
There are two local authorities, six clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), NHS England and a range of NHS and private providers that together are responsible for buying and delivering health and care in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. There is lots of good work going on and staff that work for these organisations have clearly shown that they have the ability, knowledge and skills to deliver high quality innovative services. We recognise that we need to get better at learning from these examples of excellence’ and make sure we expand good services so that more people across the area can benefit.
Its member organisations are:
- Cannock Chase CCG
- East Staffordshire CCG
- North Staffordshire CCG
- Stafford and Surrounds CCG
- Stoke-on-Trent CCG
- South East Staffordshire and Seisdon Peninsula CCG
- Staffordshire County Council
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- University Hospitals North Midlands NHS Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
- Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Partnership NHS Trust
- NHS England
- Healthwatch Staffordshire
- Healthwatch Stoke-on-Trent
- Support Staffordshire
Through a number of workstreams, Together We’re Better will identify and drive delivery of a programme to ensure people in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent have access to high quality, sustainable services for the future.
It will work with local organisations and with patients and the public to help them take control of their own health, to prevent illness where possible and promote self-care.
The short animation below provides a further overview of the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP).